The Resurgence of COVID-19: How to prepare your workplace for the winter?
There is a growing body of evidence to suggest that the resurgence of respiratory viral disease, such as Coronavirus, are highly influenced by seasonal factors, such as temperature and humidity1..
Experts are expecting to see a rise in the spread and the transmission of Coronavirus as temperatures and humidity levels decrease.
Preparing your workplace for the winter requires careful planning and implementation of strategic measures other than sanitisition. We prepared a list of recommendations that will assist you in getting your workplace ready for the winter and will help you mitigate the spread of the virus:
- Reduce the environmental risks of transmission by ensuring an adequate supply of fresh air and improving ventilation and filtration systems in the workplace to reduce the level of airborne viruses.
- Enforce regular cleaning and disinfecting procedures of all surface areas in the workplace.
- Use Aerosol disinfectants sprays to clean hard to reach surfaces.
- Pre-order sufficient supply of handwashing and sanitising products and protective equipment.
- Provide tissues and waste bins lined with plastic bags.
- Remind employees of good personal hygiene practices and advise them to stay home if they feel unwell or show any early signs or symptoms.
- Support wellbeing of employees by promoting healthy eating and exercise. Vitamin D plays an important role in maintaining the immune system, providing or encouraging employees to take supplements will support their wellbeing.
- Prepare for the likelihood of staff shortage due to employees missing work because of self-isolation or sickness.